Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Micro Aggression

People tend to ask question in order to learn more about other people. I disagree with Walsh on he says that Americans are the most micro aggressive people on earth. He say that " if it was a Olympic sport, we'd grab the gold,silver, and bronze prize every year". He also state that if it were a job, then we'd all be millionaires. Walsh is taking it way out of proportion and he is exaggerating.

When I ask people a question that would be offensive, some people embrace it and  willing to share there answer. For example if someone came up to me and  asked me a question like " where am I from?" That means they are eager to learn more about me and not to harm or offend me in anyway. We american people aren't always trying to be offensive we just feel the need to learn more about other peoples cultures,religion, and just there general background. It isn't a big deal like Walsh is explaining us to be.

People should just be more open so other people won't complain as much. I myself am a very nice person towards people. When I ask people a question that would be micro aggressive I always get positive feed back from that person. Some people may agree with Walsh but they are wrong!. Walsh's opinions about Americans is outright bogus.

1) You should ask questions and be more open.

2) You should be very kind towards people.

3) People should compliment each other.

4) Embrace people culture,religion, and background

5) Be very passionate with the people around you.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/09/16/sorry-but-its-your-fault-if-your-offended-all-the-time/

1 comment:

  1. Dee, I can see where you are trying to follow the structure I suggested in class. Let's keep working on that so you create a fully developed, convincing argument. 3

    ReplyDelete