Thursday, October 30, 2014

Awsome

Waiting...my stomach growling as if it were a wolf on the prowl. The smell of the wonderful aroma coming from the food that would eventually arrive tortures me. The taste of emptiness and sheer bitterness. I can hear what would be a memory of me crunching and munching and my stomach being at ease. I rub my stomach, feeling the rumbling and deep sorrows my stomach makes longing for food. Feeling so hollow inside that I can eat a whole cow, elephant, and horse. There are only minutes left until mother walks through the door giving me an abundance of exhilaration. There are only minutes till ll I get to stuff my face full of the marvelous food that I would undoubtedly enjoy. Counting down with such celerity to what would be a marvelous moment. I can hear it, the rumbling of the stairs as my mother walks up them. I opened up the bags, took the food out, and ate with such haste to feel the void from inside. You are the most greatest mom on this planet, no in this universe and you truly make this moment awsome.






1 comment:

  1. You do a fine job here of using words that express images. I especially like this line: "I rub my stomach, feeling the rumbling and deep sorrows my stomach makes longing for food." Keep using these powerful devices in your writing. 6

    ReplyDelete