Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Reading Life

My reading goal was to read 10 books this year, I can gladly say that I successfully met that goal. My reading life has changed dramatically which in the end caused me to reach my reading goal. I had started finding books that I really found an interest in and it drove me to read more abundantly. It also opened my mind up to more different genres of books that I normally don't read. The books I have read this year are Life Of Pi, The Sorceress, Russell Rules, The Rangers Apprentice, Room, A List Of Things That Didn't Kill Me, The Graveyard Book, Once, Then, Now, Spook, The Extra, Sarah's Key, Hororstor, Miss Peregrines House Of Peculiar Children, Hollow City, and 3039 . All the books I have read, I have enjoyed but none of which are as fascinating as the book Russell Rules. The book really gives important information about leadership skills and how to be a winner and since I am an athlete there was a lot of benefits to reading the book. The hardest book I have read was was 3039. There are many reasons why it was so difficult to read. One reason was because the vocabulary words were so complicated and it took me a long time to get threw one chapter without picking up a dictionary. Another reason is because the book was very long it was around five hundred pages so it took me quite a wile to gain interest in the stories line. My greatest area of strength as a reader I would say is identifying rhetorical or figurative language that the author uses to give the story emotional appeal. I still fill like I need to read a lot more books then I normally read I also suffer from reading because the lack of vocabulary that I don't understand so I need to improve my vocabulary to read harder books. Being apart of a reading community has benefited me in plenty of ways. One way is that it helped me push myself to learning more about different forms of language that authors uses to write novels.

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @ipersuade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response it feels me with joy knowing that people find my blog interesting. I will keep in touch!

      Delete